Once I found it, I have never stopped using it – it is called FileZilla. Yes, it is much better than gFTP – that’s for sure!
The nice thing about FileZilla is that it remembers everything, including the default local directory, default remote directory, even the password for each FTP account via Site Manager.
The following are descriptions that come with the application and users reviews:
FileZilla is a full-featured FTP client with an easy-to-use GUI. It is written in C++ and uses the wxWidgets library.
FileZilla includes the following features:
* Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
* IPv6 support
* Available in more than 40 languages
* Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
* Easy to use Site Manager and transfer queue
* Drag & drop support
* Speed limits
* Filename filters
* Directory comparison
* Network configuration wizard
* Remote file editing
* HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP Proxy support
* Logging to file
* Synchronized directory browsing
* Remote file search
* Tabbed interface to connect to multiple servers
10/07/2010 rodrigo_uruguay Really, really good!!
09/30/2010 johanjohnsson Love it!
09/25/2010 karmanull I’ve been using it for years. excelent client both for windows and linux
09/22/2010 kip- Top one!
09/21/2010 gobblegob No better ftp
09/21/2010 ulrich Kick-ass ftp client
09/15/2010 parapluie Very easy. an excellent program
09/13/2010 ozos Nice and easy to use ftp client
If you do not agree with me, then please post your favorite in the comment area below.